These items I have found to be necessities for myself, personally. If I had to part with one, it would be hard to choose just what goes! How in the world did women ever get along without this stuff?! I have divided my Six List into 4 categories: Body, Face/Makeup, Hair and Hygiene. Here we go! I've got my Bing Boards ready and everything =D
1. The Loofah! It's epic. Every gal should have one!
2. Satin Care Shaving Gel: I use Sensitive but I've pretty much tried them all. A little goes a long way.
3. Speed 3 disposable razors by Schick: I've tried lots of razors. I settled with Venus for years...which worked wonders for me at first. Then my legs seemed too sensitive for them and the heads were getting expensive.
4. Johnson's Baby Oil in Lavender: I've always had problems with dry, itchy skin. In my teen years, I started using baby oil after I shaved and guess what? No more itchy dry skin! Apply when legs are still wet, then blot off. However, if you plan a day in the sunshine, opt for lotion instead. Baby Oil + Sunshine = Sunburn!
5. Noodle & Boo Lotion: For baby or me! A friend bought this as a baby shower gift and I admit, I've used it for myself far more than baby! If I'm not using baby oil after a shave, it's gotta be Noodle & Boo...smells wonderful, too!
6. Victoria Secret sells a yummy line of scented body sprays! Get a gift set and carry a lil tube in your purse for yourself, or as a friend suggested; stinky public restrooms lol!
1. Pond's Cold Cream! Everyone asks how I keep my skin so clear and I really believe that besides water, cold cream is key! However I don't use it as a makeup remover, I apply it in the morning. I take a warm rag and lay it across my face for a few seconds, then wipe it off gently...no scrubbing! Then I apply my foundation (if I plan to wear any at all) before my face is completely dry. It allows your foundation to stay thin, even, smooth and your skin will thank you! After I fell head over heels for Pond's Cold Cream, my mom informed me that she'd spoke to a friend who had reached her 60's and had flawless, wrinkle-free skin. She asked her what the secret was and it was this! I've been using it for 11 years and I still love it!
2. Covergirl's Fragrance-Free Clean Makeup Liquid Foundation: When I started wearing foundation, I wanted the best. I was paying $22 a month for Mary Kay because the shades you have to choose from were much more broad and it rubbed into your skin like lotion...and my face felt breathable. It also had spf, which was a plus. Every skin type is different, I would say I have combination skin. So this may not be the case for you! But, after using Mary Kay for a few months, I began to get blemishes. I would use the foundation to cover them up, not realizing it was actually the foundation causing the problem. After my wedding, I switched to Covergirl's foundation to try something new. My face cleared up within 2 weeks and I've never tried anything else! It had the same thin, smooth texture and coverage. There was scarring from the blemishes before...but they've cleared up, too. Love it! Highly recommend it!
3. Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder: I use very little on my bottom face line, forehead and eyelids. Then I use a brush to share with the rest of ma face. Use the coordinating numbers from foundation/powder and anything else covergirl and it will most likely be the best for your skin tone. Blends wonderfully.
4. Covergirl's Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner: I'm not a waterproof makeup kinda gal so I like the plain ole "charcol" color eyeliner. I also only use it on my lower lids and to smooth the shape of my eyebrows...the foam tip on the other end is perfect for blending into brows.
5. Maybe it's Maybelline? Definitely is for me! I've used this mascara for 8 years and love it! I don't apply to my inner lashes, but about half of my upper lashes towards the outside of the eye. For me, applying to the bottom is just too much.
6. St. Ive's Apricot Scrub: This would be my before bed makeup remover. Another contributor to smooth, clear skin! I use "invigorating" for that raw sandpaper feel =)
Hair. A subject I'm still trying to get right! I feel like my hair is constantly changing...and weather doesn't help much!
1. TRESemme Shampoos & Conditioners: OoLaLa! The only combo that doesn't leave my hair limp! Try "volumnizing"...and follow instructions exactly! The label don't lie =)
2. Herbal Essence Body Envy Mousse: I use it before I blow-dry...only at the roots. I'll also lift and spray wet hair with my hairspray if I'm wanting it a little bouncy.
3. Remington Hairdryer: I've tried other low-cost dryers but they never last long. For the price, the Remington is your best bet! My Remington got me ready for grade school, church, prom, my wedding, my hospital "have a baby" stays and my kids first days at church, school etc. My Remington lasted 11 years before I had to buy another! This one seems even more promising!
4. Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray: Great for fly-aways and a literal "flexible" hold. Love it!
5. The Chi Flatiron: Epic. I don't use this half as much as I do my girl's hair with it. I've tried 3 super ridiculously expensive flat irons and all have failed in comparison. But, you know that. You own one! Right?
6. Ouchless Pony Holders by Goody: Like, who's the genius that came up with these? Probably a woman....
1. Oral B Cross Action Spinbrush: Haha, don't laugh at me...these are serious necessities, you know!? I love this doohickey. I've had mine for 3 years and it's still going strong. Comes with a charger and the replaceable heads are very affordable. Whole kit cost me $13
2. Aquafresh Empowermint: There is no toothpaste that leaves you feeling this confident with fresh breath. When you first use it, it about blows you away! Hence the name, I'm sure. But, all other toothpaste is weak to me, now. Another "Love it!"
3. Glide Floss by Crest: Hate to floss? Hurts? Glide is thin and smooth but still gets the job done. I carry the less expensive "Equate" brand in my purse!
4. Ivory Soap: Soap so pure it floats. It really does! I'm not a flower scent kinda girl...I'm not big into all that smelly soap stuff. I love that good ole fashion soap smell...Ivory's got it and leaves you squeaky clean =)
5. Lady Speed Stick: Little black dress approved! Not streaky, not clumpy and lasts all day. And lookie there, it comes in "Powder Fresh" scent! Mm My favorite!
6. Playtex Petals Personal Cleansing Cloths: Especially great for me 3 days out of the month! But, they're a nice addition to your cabinet or purse...anytime, anywhere. Try 'em!
And I must add one more thing while we're on the subject. Back to makeup! I love Bobbi Brown. Her books are wonderful. I'm a fan of natural beauty and wearing makeup tastefully and naturally...check out this book of hers. An oldie but a goodie =)